AHA – Basic Life Support (Healthcare Providers)
- October 14, 2017
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The BLS Course is a video-based course with real world scenarios that teaches participants to recognize several life-threatening emergencies, provide high-quality chest compressions, deliver appropriate ventilations and provide early use of an AED.
In the Instructor-led course, students participate in simulated clinical scenarios and learning stations. Students work with an AHA BLS Instructor to complete BLS skills practice and skills testing. Students also complete a written exam.
This course is for those in the Healthcare field (doctors, nurses, allied health, radiology, lifeguards, EMS or students entering these fields). If you are not sure which course to take check with your employer, school or contact us.
- High-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
- The AHA Chain of Survival, specifically the BLS components
- Use of an AED
- Effective ventilations using a barrier device
- Importance of teams in multirescuer resuscitation and performance as an effective team member during multirescuer CPR
- Choking: relief of foreign-body airway obstruction for adults and infants